Every student in Domremy College is placed in a House-based group with students from Years 7-12 for Homeroom.
Each Homeroom has a few students from each Year level. Students remain together, with their Homeroom teacher, until they leave Year 12. Within each Homeroom, Year 11 students are allocated to a Year 7 student as their Big Sister.
The benefits of the Vertical Homeroom system are:
- Retained knowledge of and relationships with students and their families by Homeroom Teachers
- Promotion of House spirit, and through it, school pride.
- Senior role models provide support for students in younger years.
- Greater sense of belonging for students and staff
- Leadership opportunities for all students