Domremy College was established in 1911 by the Presentation Sisters (Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary - PBVM) with 12 students. Named after the birthplace of St Joan of Arc, patron saint of Haberfield Parish within which the College is located, the College quickly developed into a coeducational school catering for infant, primary and secondary education up to the level of the Leaving Certificate.

While originally housed in the convent (Delapre House) and the stables, the College required new buildings as enrolments grew. A weekly boarding school was accommodated in the Nagle Hall, built in 1922, which housed borders until 1948 when the dormitories reverted to their current use as classrooms.

In 1934 the Orleans buildings were built to house primary classes.

In 1954 the College had further growth with extensions to the Nagle Hall, a new infants school (Martina Building) and then the construction of the Eora Building in 1955 which housed science labs and the College’s administration offices.

In 1966, following the introduction of the Wyndam Scheme for Secondary education in NSW, the secondary section of the College became a year 7 to 10 school for girls within the Catholic Education System of the Archdiocese of Sydney.  The two storey Notre Dame Building was completed in 1967 to house additional secondary classes.

In 1970 the Phillipa Wright wing was completed, which housed specialist classrooms for subjects such for music, sewing and cooking.

The infant school was closed in 1974 and the primary school was closed in 1976 with the buildings being incorporated into the growing secondary school.

A new library (the Darby Centre for Learning) was built in 1979, and extended in 1987.

In 1985 the College became a year 7 to 12 High School for girls and in the same year the Maureen Watson Building was completed to house the new senior classes.

In 1987, the Presentation Sisters closed the convent and the College’s administration functions were moved into parts of the Delapre building that had previously accommodated the nuns.  This created additional learning spaces for the still growing school.

In 1997, after 86 years of leadership, the Presentation Sisters relinquished the administration of the College to the then Catholic Education Office (now Sydney Catholic schools).  Since 1998 the College has been run under lay leadership but remains committed to the Presentation Ideals of helping educate young women who promote gospel values, human dignity, and justice, and who are prepared to promote reforms which challenge the negative values and unjust outcomes for so many people in our society.

The College has continued to grow under Sydney Catholic Schools’ leadership. In 2011, the Mary Mackillop Building, which houses a number of flexible general learning areas and the College’s teaching kitchens was completed.  This was followed in 2012 with the Brenda Quinn Hall, named for the ex-student whose generous bequest made the building possible.  The Brenda Quinn Hall provides the College with an excellent indoor physical education, gathering and performance space.

At present the College is in the process of developing a Master Plan to guide the redevelopment of a number of the older facilities so the College can continue to offer students contemporary and innovative learning opportunities.