Domremy College is a Catholic school community committed to the education of young women in the Presentation tradition.
Through quality teaching and learning we strive to empower students
· to recognise their self worth and reach their potential;
· to work towards independence;
· to become women of courage and integrity;
· to question and challenge the values of society;
· to work for justice;
· to promote the dignity of the human person.
The Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic schools outlines the mission and purpose of Catholic schools in its introduction…
“Catholic Schools have a unique role in the evangelising and educating mission of the Church.”
The Charter has eleven elements that Catholic schools are called to live out.
The first of these is to:
“Give witness to their distinctive educational, spiritual, moral and social purposes within the evangelising mission of the Church, founded on faith in Jesus Christ, and express this in a Mission Statement that identifies their traditions and charisms.”
(Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic schools)